Thursday, August 26, 2010

what i'm worried about right now:

...being a know-it-all. acting like i know how to solve everyone's problems when i myself clearly am struggling with the same issues that they are.

...pushing other people's identities and issues onto myself. am i really struggling with the same things that they are? just because we have something in common doesn't mean that we have all the same issues in common, and, even if we have some of the same issues in common doesn't mean the degree is the same. examples: i am not living with my parents. i did not lose my job because of time management issues. i do have friends. i am trying to actively reach out to people in a way that feels genuine and sustainable. one and a half years is not the same as ten years. i am not cynical about people. i am learning to love myself.

...should i go to the wedding? pros: it will be fun to get out of the area. it will be fun to see d. in full-on wedding regalia. it will be fun to go on a mini-roadtrip. it will probably be quite life affirming and inspiring. may regret it if i don't go. cons: might feel like i'm just tagging along, a loser. it will be a long time driving. will have to have neighbor cat-sit muriel. will lose time for canning.

...running. blech. Two 5ks this weekend. woefully out of shape.

...money. need to get in touch with gage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I accept that you don't know me, Kathy, but if you receive this message, would you please send me an e-mail? I can be reached anytime at dduchov at yahoo.com. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much. May you have good luck in all that you do...

Duncan

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home